Thursday, August 22, 2013

Don't be afraid.

A lot of the time we are afraid.

We call it caution, or realism or experience. All of these are just different iterations of fear. I'll give two examples. First: I have been very afraid of being labeled something I am not. I always get defensive about who I am and what I stand for. " I am not an air-head. I am a feminist. I am not a whore. I am a creative. I am black. I am not a hypocrite. I am not fickle. etc" All of those things being labels that don't have power over my actual existence. What people call me behind my back or to my face be it good or bad can't actually influence my reality if I don't allow it to. How grand would it be to just be? And allow my life/actions to write labels for me? People will talk regardless. But if I don't write labels for myself I'll have no self imposed borders to try stay within.

Second example: I have always been afraid of change. I have worst  case scenarios playing in my head long before the change even begins. Particularly when it comes to love. I find that saying to yourself "what if it doesn't work?" or "what if I become a character one of those horror stories?" doesn't enrich ones life at all. We need to stop pre-feeling and just live in the moment. Que sera sera. I truely believe we really aren't in control! I'm not saying go blindly (and make stupid decisions), I'm saying go boldly. I mean think "what if it works?". Missing happiness because it might go away one day is about the most foolish thing one could ever do.

A thought dawned on me that liberated a little bit, perhaps because of all the Deepak Chopra tweets I read. I wrote a tweet without fully understanding it but once I read it again, I experienced a moment of freedom (and maybe I'm philosophising nothing at all, forgive me if I am). I just thought I would share it with you. See thought below.

Later.



Remember, Go Boldly :)

2 comments:

  1. Great post, and so true! Thanks for reminding me of the things above!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) I'm glad you read it. xx

    ReplyDelete