Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Toni Morrison - A Mercy

-->
HelloFriends,

This book is pure beauty. It's taken me a while to read because it's such an involving book. When my friend @ASearll lent it to me she said it was sad. I had no idea!! I found myself often drenched in tears deeply empathising with the characters - she leaves you no choice. Toni Mirrison is honestly one of the best writters I have been blessed to read. Reading her books is like experiencing colour or sugar or music for the first time. It's a poetically written journey of love/hate/growth/slavery/freedom/blackness/whiteness/master &savant/inhale/exhale/humaneness/animalism and many more journeys all in equal regard. I'm at a loss for words, so don't exept this as a book review, I do the book no justice. It's just me sharing a gem with you.

Ta

No comments:

Post a Comment